Ages Six and Under:
- Stick Man by Julia Donaldson, illus. Axel Scheffler (Alison Green Books)
- Elephant Wellyphant by Nick Sharratt (Alison Green Books)
- The Great Paper Caper by Oliver Jeffers (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- The Witch’s Children Go to School by Ursula Jones, illus. Russell Ayto (Orchard Books)
- There’s an Ouch in My Pouch! by Jeanne Willis, illus. Garry Parsons (Puffin Books)
- Manfred the Baddie by John Fardell (Quercus Books)
Ages Seven to Fourteen:
- Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear by Andy Stanton, illus. David Tazzyman (Egmont Press)
- Paddington Here and Now by Michael Bond, illus. RW Alley (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Stop in the Name of Pants! by Louise Rennison (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce (Macmillan Children’s Books)
- Aliens Don’t Eat Dog Food by Dinah Capparucci (Scholastic Children’s Books)
- Urgum and the Goo Goo Bah! by Kjartan Poskitt, illus. Philip Reeve (Scholastic Children’s Books)
The judges for the prize are:
Children's book writer Micheal Rosen, Roald Dahl's granddaughter Sophie Dahl (who is a famous fashion icon and a published children's book author) comedian Dara O'Briain, children's author and illustrator Chris Riddell and children's book writer Kaye Umansky.
You can find out more about this new and exciting prize on the Booktrusted Website.
Don't forget to celebrate Roald Dahl Day on September 13th. I'll have more Dahl items for you on that day.