Welcome!

Dear Book Lovers, Welcome! I am delighted that you have found The Through the Looking Glass blog. For over twenty years I reviewed children's literature titles for my online journal, which came out six times a year. Every book review written for that publication can be found on the Through the Looking Glass website (the link is below). I am now moving in a different direction, though the columns that I write are still book-centric. Instead of writing reviews, I'm offering you columns on topics that have been inspired by wonderful books that I have read. I tell you about the books in question, and describe how they have have impacted me. This may sound peculiar to some of you, but the books that I tend to choose are ones that resonate with me on some level. Therefore, when I read the last page and close the covers, I am not quite the same person that I was when first I started reading the book. The shift in my perspective might be miniscule, but it is still there. The books I am looking are both about adult and children's titles. Some of the children's titles will appeal to adults, while others will not. Some of the adult titles will appeal to younger readers, particularly those who are eager to expand their horizons.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Book Giveaways - America: The Making of a Nation and Fanny

On October 13th I asked you to "Vote to make a difference." This Little Brown initiative was launched to help promote their book America: The Making of a Nation. This incredible novelty title not only makes the history of our country accessible to younger readers, but it also makes it interesting. I am delighted to be able to offer my readers a copy of this book. If you are interested drop me a line. Do take a look at my review of this title on Through the Looking Glass Book Review.



I also told you about Holly Hobbie's new book Fanny. In this new title Holly Hobbie explores the idea that it is all right to be different. One does not always have to be a part of the pack to fit in and to be happy. I have a copy of this book to give away as well. Many thanks to Little Brown for these giveaways.

1 comment:

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

these both look very interesting for the kiddos

Bookmark and Share