Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Return to the hundred Acre Wood - Pooh is back

I am a huge fan of Winnie-the-Pooh. He is one of those characters I fell in love with when I was around four or five, and I have been in love with him ever since. I was a little unsure of what to think of the new Pooh book when I heard about it. Would this book be a tribute to A.A.Milne's creations, or would it be a black spot on the name of all things Pooh?
Well, I now have a copy of Return to the Hundred Acre Wood, and I began to read it within fifteen minutes of recieving it. And within minutes I was chuckling, smiling and nodding my head. So far, the author, David Benedictus, has captured the essence of Poohness. I am only on page 25, but I plan on climbing into bed with the book shortly. Armed with a cup of tea and with my trusty sidekick sitting next to me - the Pooh my godmother made me when I was very little - I will read on. Watch this space for more.

No comments: