Welcome!

Dear Book Lovers, Welcome! I am delighted that you have found The Through the Looking Glass blog. For over twenty years I reviewed children's literature titles for my online journal, which came out six times a year. Every book review written for that publication can be found on the Through the Looking Glass website (the link is below). I am now moving in a different direction, though the columns that I write are still book-centric. Instead of writing reviews, I'm offering you columns on topics that have been inspired by wonderful books that I have read. I tell you about the books in question, and describe how they have have impacted me. This may sound peculiar to some of you, but the books that I tend to choose are ones that resonate with me on some level. Therefore, when I read the last page and close the covers, I am not quite the same person that I was when first I started reading the book. The shift in my perspective might be miniscule, but it is still there. The books I am looking are both about adult and children's titles. Some of the children's titles will appeal to adults, while others will not. Some of the adult titles will appeal to younger readers, particularly those who are eager to expand their horizons.

Monday, November 3, 2008

The New Issue of Through the Looking Glass Book Review

Hello everyone. It is the beginning of a new month, and here at TTLG this means that the new issue of the journal is now online. Take a look to see what is new:

  • This month the special feature is Alphabet Books. You will find that a wide selection of alphabet books have been reviewed and that they suit readers of all ages - including adults.
  • The Series Spotlight looks at the Emily Windsnap books. If you have a fondness for mermaids then this is definitely the series for you.
  • The Editor's Choice title is Masterpiece by Elise Broach. Look for an interview with Elise right here in a few days time.
  • The Bookish Calendar is packed with books about King Tut, Sojourner Truth, Georgia O' Keeffe and much more.
  • The Author Spotlight for November is about Liz Kessler, the wonderful British author who created the Emily Windsnap books.

I hope you enjoy this new issue.

18 comments:

live stream said...

井上尚弥 対 ジェイソン・モロニー 生放送

井上尚弥 対 ジェイソン・モロニー 生放送


Naoya Inoue vs Jason Moloney Live Stream

Watch Naoya Inoue vs Jason Moloney Live Free

Live Strems Sports said...

All Blacks vs Argentina Rugby Live
All Blacks vs Argentina Rugby Live Stream

Live Strems Sports said...

The Rugby Championship New Zealand vs Argentina Rugby Live
All Blacks vs Argentina Rugby Live Stream

Anonymous said...

New Zealand vs Argentina Rugby Game 4 Live Stream online Date and Time:
Date: 14 November 2020
TIME: 1:00 am EST

All Blacks vs Argentina Rugby Live
New Zealand vs Argentina Rugby Live Reddit

Anonymous said...

New Zealand vs Argentina Rugby Game 4 Live Stream online Date and Time:
Date: 14 November 2020
TIME: 1:00 am EST

All Blacks vs Argentina Rugby Live
New Zealand vs Argentina Rugby Live Reddit

buygold jewelery online said...

Buy Sakhi Complete bridal jewellery sets online & gold jewellery set from buymyJewel more than 100 designs with authentic jewellery certificate.

Anonymous said...

Logan Paul Vs Mayweather Live Stream Reddit
Watch Mayweather Boxing Live Online

Watch Mayweather vs Paul Live Stream Reddit

Anonymous said...

HOW TO WATCH CANELO VS SAUNDERS FIGHT NIGHT ,TICKETS , DATE, TV LIVE STREAM https://twinbrotherslive.com/

Django in Chains said...

Nasal Drip Covid

imran khan said...

a wonderfully written blog especially image with screenshot help to understand each and every step clearly. Thanks for writing

Let's Create Design said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Let's Create Design said...

monster motorcycle jacket

Hi-Biography said...

I really loved reading your Content I had a wonderful experience ❤ loved the good work but I'll really appreciate it, if you could check my site on My Blog

Django in Chains said...

Friendly Customer Service

arti said...

JASS MANAK Haircut & Hairstyle Patch | Jass Manak Hair Patch | Hair Patch for mens

Sarah J. said...

I loved your blog post about Through the Looking Glass Book Reviews. I'm so glad you took the time to do this interview with the author. This is a great article to share with friends and family because it's easy to read and understand. Search Engine Optimization SEO services

PginAhmedabad said...

Nice perspective! 🌟 Adding my two cents: English opens doors worldwide! 🌐 What's your go-to language for global connections? 🤔 - Parenting Pinnacle






PginAhmedabad said...

Hey there! 🚀 Loved your post! How about looking at it from a futuristic angle? 🌌 What if this trend continues in 2030? 🕰️ Exciting stuff! -Crafty Creations Corner





Bookmark and Share