Welcome!

Dear Book Lovers, Welcome! I am delighted that you have found The Through the Looking Glass blog. For over twenty years I reviewed children's literature titles for my online journal, which came out six times a year. Every book review written for that publication can be found on the Through the Looking Glass website (the link is below). I am now moving in a different direction, though the columns that I write are still book-centric. Instead of writing reviews, I'm offering you columns on topics that have been inspired by wonderful books that I have read. I tell you about the books in question, and describe how they have have impacted me. This may sound peculiar to some of you, but the books that I tend to choose are ones that resonate with me on some level. Therefore, when I read the last page and close the covers, I am not quite the same person that I was when first I started reading the book. The shift in my perspective might be miniscule, but it is still there. The books I am looking are both about adult and children's titles. Some of the children's titles will appeal to adults, while others will not. Some of the adult titles will appeal to younger readers, particularly those who are eager to expand their horizons.

Thursday, February 17, 2022

The Bookish Calendar for March - Books for March birthdays, holidays, and special days

 


Dear Bookish Friends,

Here is the Bookish Calendar for March. I'm bringing it to you today so that you have plenty of time to plan for days that interest you and the children in your lives. Many of the birthdays and special days on the calendar link to review pages for books that are associated with those birthdays and special days. For example, March third is the birthday of Alexander Graham Bell, and I have reviewed several books about this remarkable inventor. If you click his name on the March Bookish Calendar you will be taken to the page where these reviews can be found. 

March is National Craft Month (USA)
March 3rd is World Wildlife Day You can find many books suitable for this day here.
March 3rd is World Book Day (UK and Ireland)
Match 20th is the Spring Equinox
March 21st is World Poetry Day
March 22nd is World Water Day
March 23 is National Puppy Day (USA)
March 26th is Make up your own holiday day (USA)
March 27th is World Theatre Day
March 28th Earth Hour

No comments:

Bookmark and Share