Welcome!

Dear Book Lovers, Welcome! I am delighted that you have found The Through the Looking Glass blog. For over twenty years I reviewed children's literature titles for my online journal, which came out six times a year. Every book review written for that publication can be found on the Through the Looking Glass website (the link is below). I am now moving in a different direction, though the columns that I write are still book-centric. Instead of writing reviews, I'm offering you columns on topics that have been inspired by wonderful books that I have read. I tell you about the books in question, and describe how they have have impacted me. This may sound peculiar to some of you, but the books that I tend to choose are ones that resonate with me on some level. Therefore, when I read the last page and close the covers, I am not quite the same person that I was when first I started reading the book. The shift in my perspective might be miniscule, but it is still there. The books I am looking are both about adult and children's titles. Some of the children's titles will appeal to adults, while others will not. Some of the adult titles will appeal to younger readers, particularly those who are eager to expand their horizons.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Cybils finalists are announced.


For the last couple of months children's book bloggers have spent hours reading books published in 2010 that were nominated by readers for the Cybils awards. The lists of the finalists are now in. Just in case you don't know, the Cybils are "are given each year by bloggers for the year's best children's and young adult titles. Nominations open to the public on October 1st." The books that were chosen as finalists are all excellent titles. Take a look:

Easy Readers & Early Chapter Books


No comments:

Bookmark and Share